This was an amazing pitfire, with no breakage and one pot that had a hairline crack! The site was a former lumber mill on Lake Michigan that burned down over 100 years ago, leaving millions of board feet of milled lumber on the beach and in the bay.
On the beach above the water line, we dug a pit in the sand about 18″ deep on the windy side, grading up to 12″. We dug a shallow channel towards the water to allow for aeration. We lined the pit about 4″ deep with what we call sawdust, which is actually bark that has been stripped off the lumber and ground to bits by the waves. We laid our pots in this soft nest, arranging some old hay in between and over the pots. Previously, the pots had been bisque fired. We had also taped some with copper tape, wrapped some in burdock leaves, and put dried grasses in others as well as wrapping copper wire around some of the pots.
Win tickets to “Beer and Sweat,” Sat. Aug. 17, 2013, the largest home brewing competition in the world.
We see it regularly in the daily news, whether in the paper or on the television, that a vehicle crash shuts down a main driving artery during rush hour traffic, or that a new teenage driver has a wreck, as a result of distractive driving. Analysis suggests that only about 5% of these crashes are a result of mechanical defects or environment, and about 95% are a result of indecision or poor decisions.
“Only top agencies earn the President’s Award,” said Matt Nickerson, president of Safeco Insurance, “and Camargo Insurance is a valuable partner, not only for Safeco, but also for the community. We congratulate them on this exclusive achievement.”
Was June so much fun, or what. We are so delighted to have been a part of all the strides that AGTS achieved and the possibilities that opened for you and the Scholars. We loved meeting them at “Fuel the Fire,” and hope to have an opportunity to meet the new Scholars as well. Speaking of which, we’d love to take you and the Scholars to lunch or dinner at the Schoolhouse Restaurant before school starts. It’s in Remington, just off the bike path. We would enjoy hearing about their summer activities, and hope this enclosed check for $500 enhances their experiences
Congratulations Against the Grain Scholars! They won the $2000 grant in the “Fuel the Fire” competition at Christian Moerlein’s Tap Room last night! Camargo Insurance, in conjunction with our great clients and AGTS supporters, hopes to donate $500 with only two days left in our matching grant and FB “like” promotion. We’ve reached $406 to date. Thanks to all who have participated
A small but determined minority will always transcend their environment against the odds. -Henry Louis Gates Jr. Cleophis, Nawhiah, and Mark, Against the Grain Scholars, graduated 8th grade with honors and are on to High School. Already this summer these 3 have participated in the SPCA Doggie Dash, found a home for the lovely Dola, … More
When riding your bike or driving, stay focused, expect the unexpected, be prepared, and follow the rules of the road. Check that your bicycle is adequately covered by calling Camargo Insurance or your insurance provider.
Take action to minimize loss during high winds and tornadoes by doing the following:
- 1. Print out Tornado safety tips provided by the Ohio Committee For Severe Weather Awareness. Read it, study it, make it your own. It could save your life.
- 2 .You can create an online Home Inventory easily and efficiently using this survey provided by the Insurance Information Institute. With free online storage, you have access to your inventory anywhere, anytime. Update every 2 to 3 years, or whenever you move.
- 3. To mitigate property damage, look around. Outbuildings, trees, garbage cans become missiles during high winds. Trim trees, don’t plant new trees too close to your home, anchor outbuildings using straps and ground anchors used for manufactured homes.
- 4. Is your roof in good shape? If it needs work, our Partner of the Month, Bryan Addis Roofing, is offering 4* warranties, non-prorated for 50 years., to Camargo Insurance customers the month of April, 2013 only.
- 5. Visit us at www.camargoinsurance.com to learn about windstorm coverage and homeowners insurance.