Unfortunately, your house is an enticing place for mice, spiders, and other creatures to want to move into and call home. This can be a problem any time of the year, but typically critter invasions take place when temperatures drop, and they begin looking for a cozy and warm place to nest. Here are five tips you can use to keep your home free of vermin and other creepy-crawly pests:
- Spray the outside perimeter of your home to help repel unwanted visitors.
- Block any holes and other entry points that may be found in your walls. A common area of weakness is where ventilation or exhaust pipes exit the home. Be sure the spaces are appropriately caulked and sealed.
- Utilize things like mothballs, peppermint oil, hot sauce, tea tree oil, cloves, and dryer sheets, for they can be used as deterrents. These are safe options to use around the house or even in vehicles that you may have in storage.
- Set traps to catch anything that may already be in the house or the yard.
- Properly store food in airtight containers. Don’t forget about birdseed and other items in the garage that might be an attractive source for food or a comfy nesting space.
- Little critters have the potential to wreak havoc on your home, so avoiding an infestation is ideal. These tips are guaranteed to help keep your home free of pests all year round.